CData Connect Cloud is a consolidated connectivity platform that links applications to a broad ecosystem of real-time data sources through consistent, standards-compliant interfaces. CData Connect Cloud provides tools to access data seamlessly from any system, anywhere.
With CData Connect Cloud, you can unify access to all of the cloud applications, databases, APIs, and services across an organization.
- Broad Data Connectivity: CData Connect Cloud transforms data into a simple language that any reporting tool, analytics dashboard, or spreadsheet can understand. It can connect to a vast range of applications (including those for accounting, marketing, customer relationship management, and more) by using a consistent approach that is already supported by many data tools.
- Real-Time Data Access: CData Connect Cloud gives you access to your data in real time, which creates an agile and flexible work environment that adapts and changes as quickly as your data does. This approach avoids the pitfalls of traditional Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes that rely on moving data to separate locations.
- Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) Support: Read and Write operations are supported. Operations are controlled by security settings that you can configure in CData Connect Cloud or in your data sources.
- Secure Access: Administrators can create query users and define their access permissions for each data source individually.
- Comprehensive Data Model & Dynamic Discovery: CData Connect Cloud provides comprehensive access to all of the data that is exposed in the underlying connections, including full access to dynamic data and searchable metadata.
For more information about these key features, see Technology.
Configuring and Using CData Connect Cloud
For a high-level overview about setting up and using CData Connect Cloud, see Quick Start Guide.
For more detailed information about the features of CData Connect Cloud, see the documentation outlined in the table below:
|Dashboard||Information about navigating CData Connect Cloud and accessing features|
|Data Sources||Steps for connecting data sources to CData Connect Cloud to make your data available for use|
|Client Tools||Steps for connecting client tools to CData Connect Cloud to access data from your data sources|
|Connecting to Your Data||Instructions for using the OData API and virtual SQL server features|
|SQL Reference||List of supported SQL syntax and code examples|
For assistance with using CData Connect Cloud, there are two main resources available:
- The CData Connect Cloud Status page, which shows the current status and incident history for the application services.
- CData Technical Support, which you can also access by clicking the Support link at the bottom of the dashboard.