This page outlines the steps to connect Filemaker Pro to the CData Connect Cloud Virtual SQL Server API.
Before you connect, you must first do the following:
- Connect a data source to your CData Connect Cloud account. See Connections for more information.
- Generate a Personal Access Token (PAT) on the Settings page. Copy this down, as it acts as your password during authentication.
Connecting to CData Connect Cloud
To establish a connection from Filemaker Pro to the CData Connect Cloud Virtual SQL Server API, follow these steps.
Connect from Mac
Download and install the Actual ODBC Driver for SQL Server.
Configure a DSN using the Actual ODBC driver by setting the following:
- URL: http://tds.cdata.com/
- Port: Change the port from 1433 to 14333
- Username: your Connect Cloud email
- Password: the PAT you created earlier
When you import data from the DSN in Filemaker Pro, you must modify the queries because the auto-generated queries do not work. The queries must include fully-qualified table names, including the Catalog. CData recommends that you copy queries generated from the Data Explorer after you test them.
The following is an example query:
SELECT [Salesforce1].[Salesforce].[Account].[Id], [Salesforce1].[Salesforce].[Account].[Name] FROM [Salesforce1].[Salesforce].[Account]
Connect from Windows
Connecting to Connect Cloud directly from Filemaker Pro on Windows is not yet supported. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative solutions.