This page outlines the steps to connect Retool to the CData Connect Virtual SQL Server API.
Before you connect, you must first do the following:
- Connect a data source to your CData Connect account. See Connections for more information.
- Generate a Personal Access Token (PAT) on the Settings page. Copy this down, as it acts as your password during authentication.
Connecting to CData Connect
To establish a connection from Retool to the CData Connect Virtual SQL Server API, follow these steps.
Log into Retool.
Under Resources, click Connect a resource.
Enter “Microsoft SQL” in the search bar and click the resulting option.
Enter the connection settings.
- Name—a name for the connection to CData Connect
- Database name—enter the Connection Name of the CData Connect data source you want to connect to (for example, Salesforce1).
- Database username—enter your CData Connect username. This is displayed in the top-right corner of the CData Connect interface. For example, email@example.com.
- Database password—enter the PAT you generated on the Settings page.
Click Test connection. If it succeeds, you can click Create resource. Your connection to CData Connect is ready to use.