CData Connect Cloud offers an unparalleled level of connectivity and flexibility. With CData Connect Cloud, you have a single point of access to all your data in real-time. This page outlines the technology and features offered by CData Connect Cloud.
Broad Data Connectivity
CData Connect Cloud is a cloud application that provides real-time data connectivity to your data sources. Any data-centric application can use CData Connect Cloud to read and write data from a connected source, including tools for the following categories:
- Business intelligence (BI) and analytics applications
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) and data movement
- Data warehousing
- Data governance
- Master data management
- Data integration
Real-Time Data Access
CData Connect Cloud provides live, real-time data connectivity to enterprise SaaS, NoSQL, and Big Data sources through standard interfaces that are widely supported by every data-centric application.
CData Connect Cloud key features include the following:
- Does not require software installation, driver configuration, or database use
- Is compatible with a large selection of data applications
- Enables you to read, write, and update live data
- Contains rich metadata-discovery features
- Provides support for on-premise-to-cloud, cloud-to-on-premise, and cloud-to-cloud connectivity
CData Connect Cloud brings all your data into a central point of integration in the cloud. This integration provides the following benefits:
- All account credentials can be managed in one place. This capability eliminates the need for IT to distribute and maintain credentials to different users in your organization.
- You have granular control over permissions. You can restrict permissions for specific users without having to create multiple accounts in each data source.
- Client Tools only need one connection to CData Connect Cloud to access all your data sources.
Robust SQL Support
- String, Date, Numeric SQL Functions
A library of over 50 included functions can manipulate column values into the results that you want. Popular examples include Regex, JSON, and XML processing functions.
- Comprehensive Query Processing
CData Connect Cloud leverages the same enterprise-class query engine as CData Software’s drivers. This engine enhances the capabilities of data sources with additional client-side processing (when it is needed) to enable analytic summaries of data (for example, SUM, AVG, MAX, MIN, and more).
- Enterprise-Class Secure Connectivity
CData Connect Cloud includes standard enterprise-class security features, such as TLS/SSL data encryption for all client-server communications.
- Metadata Discovery
CData Connect Cloud supports metadata discovery for supported data sources. Data types are returned as standard database types, which facilitates data operations from within BI, ETL, and reporting platforms.