Create the Connection
Follow these steps to connect OData to your CData Connect Cloud account:
Open the Connections page of the CData Connect Cloud dashboard.
Click + Add Connection in the upper-right corner.
Type OData into the search field, then click the data source name.
On the Basic Settings tab of the new connection, enter a connection name or keep the default name.
In the Authentication section, enter the URL to the organization root or to the OData services file (for example,
Select an authentication scheme according to the information below.
At the top of the CData Connect Cloud Add OData Connection page, click Save & Test.
If the connection test succeeds, a message indicates that your connection has been created.
If the connection test fails, ensure that you entered your login information correctly with no stray spaces or other characters. Then, try again.
Select an Authentication Scheme
From the Auth Scheme drop-down list, select the authentication scheme that you will use to connect to OData. The authorization scheme options are described in the following subsections.
If no authentication is required, select this option. No other fields are required.
AzureAD is a form of OAuth that goes through Azure. Select this option, then open the Advanced Settings tab. In the Azure Authentication section, fill out these fields:
- Azure AD Tenant—the Azure Active Directory tenant against which to authenticate.
- Azure Tenant—the Microsoft Online tenant that you want to use to access data. If you leave this field blank, the default tenant is used.
- Azure Resource—the Azure Active Resource to which you want to authenticate.
For a basic username and password authentication, select this option and fill out the User and Password fields.
If your OData connection supports digest access authentication, select this option and fill out the User and Password fields.
To use Microsoft’s New Technology LAN Manager (NTLM) protocol, select this option. If you are connecting from a Microsoft Windows machine and you want to use the user account to which you are currently logged in, leave the User and Password fields blank. Otherwise, fill out these fields with the appropriate information.
To use OAuth, select this option and leave the User and Password fields blank. Then, open the Advanced Settings tab and enter the following information in the OAuth section:
- OAuth Access Token—your OData access token for connecting through OAuth.
- OAuth Access Token Secret—your OData access token secret for connecting through OAuth.
- OAuth Grant Type—the grant type (CODE, CLIENT, or PASSWORD) for the OAuth flow.
- OAuth Password Grant Mode—the method to use (Post or Basic) for passing the client Id and secret. Fill out this field if you choose Password for the Oauth grant type.
To use SharePoint Online authentication, select this option and enter your SharePoint Online user account and password.
For more information about interactions between CData Connect Cloud and OData, see this information page.